Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall Season Wrap-Up

It’s been a few weeks, so I’ll give you guys a recap of what Kids Club has been like recently.

We talked about how we are like sheep (I just wanna be a sheep Baa Baa Baa Baa...), and that Jesus is our Good Shepherd (John 10). We spent some time listening to our Shepherd’s voice, and the kids heard some of the sweetest truths from the voice of their Shepherd while we listened. They would call out, “HE SAID THAT HE LOVES ME!!”

My favorite week of Kids Club this season was the week that we talked about how we’re invited to a party in Heaven to celebrate our relationship with Jesus, and until we get to the ultimate party in Heaven, we get to celebrate Jesus here on Earth.

So we did.

We brought some Christian rap music, and we had a dance party!!! And let me tell you something, those kids can DANCE!

At one point, I had my shoulders moving to the music, and one of the eight year old little girls said, “No, Maribeth. That’s not how you do it. THIS is how you do it.” And she went on to show me how dancing is done. So, needless to say, I learned a thing or two that day.

Last week, I spent some time reviewing with the kids about what life looks like in the Kingdom of God. I would ask questions like, “How is the Kingdom like a mustard seed?” and “How is the Kingdom like pearls?” and “What does the Kingdom of Heaven look like on Earth?”

A few kids responded to every question I asked with, “JESUS LOVES ME!” They knew I loved that answer.

And the Good News about the Kingdom really is that simple. THE KING LOVES ME and THE KING LOVES YOU.

We ended our fall season of Kids Club by seeking the Kingdom above all else (Matt. 6:33). I asked the kids what it meant to ‘seek’ the Kingdom. They said that we should look for it. I asked where to look for it, and one kid said, “Just look around you. It’s in the air!”

I got my flashlight out and searched for the Kingdom in the children. They came up and shared stories about what the Kingdom looked like in them. Many of them said things like, “God takes care of me,” and “The Kingdom is beautiful in me,” and “I see a castle, and I’m in the castle with God.”

May Your Kingdom come, May Your will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven in the lives of these children. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment